Possible Respiratory Infection?

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
Hi guys,

So my Tort woke up this morning and the firs thing I noticed was a couple bubbles blowing from his nose as he breathed - its been about an hour now and I havent noticed it since, his breathing is normal and behaviour wise he hasn't changed. I wanted some clarification on whether this could be the beginning of an infection and how I should go about it?

He is a 7 month old Eastern Hermann's tortoise. His enclosure is kept at round 30-31C on his hot end, and usually around 22-24C on the cooler end, I try to keep humidity around 50-70%. At night he usually drops to around 17-19C, he has a none light emitting heat lamp in his enclosure also for through the night as our house is extremely cold at the minute due to the winter weather.

Substrate wise, he is on Coco Coir with coco bark scattered around here and there for added texture, he is bathed daily for around 20 minutes and is going to the toilet almost every time (give or take a couple days)

If there is anything at all I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wales
Just monitor the situation, if you dont see it again in the next few days then dont worry about it. If it happens again or gets worse, then come back and ask, A one off doesnt mean much.