PowerSun

Status
Not open for further replies.

reh1966

5 Year Member
I wanted to get everyones feedback on how long their Powersun bulbs are lasting. I had to run out and buy a second one because when I came home mine had burned out. It hasn't been even two months and I have it on a timer for 12 hours per day. Based upon my math, that is only about 720 hours total time. A far cry from the average they list of 10,000 hours. Heck I would be happier if it was even close to the low side of 5,000 hours they list. I do like the convenience of one bulb but at this rate I may have to take a different approach. I will be sending it back under warranty so hopefully I won't get the run around on a replacement.

So is this somewhat common or is today my lucky day? Thanks.

Rex

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Yeah, I've had problems with my Powersuns too. I thought maybe it was the fixture but I tried other bulbs and they worked fine...

The one I have running now is kind of iffy, I plugged it in today and it was on for a few seconds then dimmed out and came on a few minutes later. After it comes on, it's like some part of the bulb doesn't function properly and it shifts to more of a white/gray/UVB color light rather than the yellow/sunny/incandescent type of light color output.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
I have had mine almost a year. Used it very little this summer, but it's working fine. They are very persnickety, so don't let it get bumped around. Sometimes when they get too hot they turn off and then come back on.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
The Power Sun are designed to cool off before automatically coming back on after about (15 minutes I think.)
It stated this in the instructions because I used one for the first time and switched it off and back on and thought the bulb had blown right away, but a while later it was back on which led me to read the instructions.:rolleyes:

reh1966

5 Year Member
Well I checked it again to make sure, and yep it is gone. Time to send it back. Hopefully this one will last longer.

Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.