Progress on my mini-farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
My little farm is coming along nicely. Of course there is still plenty to do.

My next big project is the tort yard. Will start of with a few pens.

I just got a 2 new box turtles and 2 tiger salamanders. I'm going to build 2 enclosures for them first. I have them in a make shift pen now (sallies in a plastic bin). I'll post pics of the boxies and sallies later...

Anyway, here is the mini-farm progress:
June+09+MiniFarm+%26+Garden++(32).JPG

June+09+MiniFarm+%26+Garden++(25).JPG

June+09+MiniFarm+%26+Garden++(5).JPG

There is a row of blue berries on the lower left. Then between the garden and the blue berries is about 10-12 various fruit trees. I'm going to have various pots and planters around the raised bed area planted with various things - got a start on that with some various herbs and tomoatoes.

The green fenced in garden is surrounded by an outer fence that makes up the chicken\duck\goose yard. Then next to that is the goat yard (2 layers of fence between goats and garden!).

If it isn't clear from these pics, we really don't know what we are doing... just kinda making it up as we go and trying to learn from our lessons along the way...
June+09+MiniFarm+%26+Garden++(21).JPG

June+09+MiniFarm+%26+Garden++(33).JPG

June%2B09%2BMiniFarm%2B%26%2BGarden%2B%2B(22).JPG

June+09+MiniFarm+%26+Garden++(12).JPG

June+09+MiniFarm+%26+Garden+.JPG

June+09+hh+bw+(6).JPG

June+09+hh+bw+(4).JPG

wwww+024.JPG

wwww+023.JPG

May+09+Annah+track+(16).JPG

May+09+Ethan+Soccer+(26)b.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Great mini garden Chad. I bet your tortoise would love to spend some time there. :p How do you keep your children so clean?

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
I love it.. Nothing like a mini farm... BUT no more goat pictures please.. Everytime my daugther sees the pictures you have posted.. She starts begging me for another goat.. lol..

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wow wow wee wa Chad, you have a massive garden, loving the little farm pics :) I am envious of all that space you have....Nick and I want a little farm one day hehe.Your kids are lovely!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Great pics Chad. Well if you don't know what you are doing it doesn't show. Love the pics of the kids. Especially the ones were they are eating. Boy his eyes are so intense. You need to put names to them so we know who is who.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Crazy1 said:
Great pics Chad. Well if you don't know what you are doing it doesn't show. Love the pics of the kids. Especially the ones were they are eating. Boy his eyes are so intense. You need to put names to them so we know who is who.

Well, I can't edit it, as the editing time window is now closed...

But I can give some names...

Ethan is my 7yr old on the bottom. Athletic and good with numbers and problem solving. Tends to be my fishing buddy and mini-farmer buddy. Not afraid to jump in and get his hands dirty. Little blond haired blue eyed charmer. Asked a barista for her phone number not too long ago... :rolleyes:

Ryland (age 6) is the one above him eating with the intense look. He is an intense kid. Very bright for his age. Was reading before kindergarten and does math a grade or 2 above his age. Big heart. Loves animals. Very stubborn...

Aidan is my 9yr old, not pictured. A little more introverted than his brothers. Very creative with a very gentle and sweet nature. He's going to be the tall one of the bunch. A natrual leader who is very aware of others around him and their feelings.

Hope is one of the twins. The one with less hair and lighter skin. Lovely BIG brown eyes. Loves music and has 'danced' since she could lift her head. Silly and sweet as can be.

Halle is her sister with the thick hair and darker skin. Has captivating eyes and it a total lover and show off. She's more athletic than her sister. Not as much into the dancing, but plays the blues on the harmonica like nobody's business :cool:

Annah is our 14yr old that has been with us for almost a year. She should be fully adopted by the end of the summer. She is a very sweet girl. Meticulously clean room and a good helper around the house. She's got guts and determination and a big heart. We have high hopes for her!

Viktoriya is Annah's 15yr old sister. She will be coming to live with us this month. We'll probably end up adopting her too if she wants to be. Don't know her as well, but she seems very sweet. Rumor has it she is the opposite of Annah when it comes to keeping her room clean. So that should be fun putting them together.... ;)

There you go...

Oh, for some reason, this pic didn't work. Trying again:

June+09+MiniFarm+%26+Garden++(22).JPG

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
So it will be 7 kids once Viktoriya (love that spelling!) arrives? I think it's amazing !!!!! I am an only child, I have ALWAYS wanted a truckload of kids! :p Thank God Nick says 3 or 4 (he's one of 7!). They are all lovely kids Chad, and so awesome to see so many different personalities!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I think it's great to see all of those kids. My hubby and I did foster care for several years and adopted our youngest son. Our oldest is one of our previous foster children that came back to live with us. She is 20. I also get the joy of being in touch with many of the kids that used to live with us and are either back with their parents or got adopted by other families.

Back on track.....adult ADD you know......the garden looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.