Prolapsed cloaca or phallus?

stack331

Location (City and/or State)
California
Over the past few days we’ve started to see what is hopefully just a phallus or maybe prolapsed tissue from my 5-6 year Sulcata. Can anyone tell from the photo I’ve attached? It retracts before he walk around.

Energy and appetite is normal, he’s pooped normally and excreted a bit of uric acid about three days ago. My plan is to keep an eye on things and go some extra soaks this week.

Also, note that we’ve never been sure about the sex of this tortoise. The person I adopted him from didn’t know and so we just guessed male.

2529CEDD-900B-4C0E-9CCC-0C241587472B.jpeg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Congrats, it's a boy!
So long as it goes back in on it's own you don't have to worry about it. A couple of my males have been known to show off. :rolleyes:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ccongrats it's a boy! As long as it goes back in there is no worry.

OliveW

Branford, FL
I'm pretty sure my boy is a boy, but I'll be perfectly happy if I never have to see that. It looks like his insides are falling out and would scare me to death.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm pretty sure my boy is a boy, but I'll be perfectly happy if I never have to see that. It looks like his insides are falling out and would scare me to death.
It's not so scary if you know what to expect. For those that don't know beforehand, it can be quite a jaw dropper lol