Putting Plants in Tortoise Enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud 9

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal.
Hello,

I'm not sure if this has already been asked but would anyone know a list of plants that are commonly obtainable and not so commonly obtainable that can be "placed" inside the tortoise's enclosure without being eaten by and is toxic to the tortoises?

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
It all depends on where you live? That would help me give you better info. Inside or outside? Year round or not?

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern part of Sweden
What I have done in my terrariums is that I have joined a couple of lists; first one is a list with non-toxic plants, second is a mix of what people have listed on this forum and the third one is NASA's list of air filtering plants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_air-filtering_plants

On my behalf, this is an ongoing project, since I have a lot of BIG Redfoots, and they have this "bad habit" and tend to taste and eat everything that's green...

So it's a struggle, trying to keep the green stuff away from them so they can't reach it and at the same time try to make the enclosures look nice, and of course also give them the opportunity to have a bite now and then if they want to... :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.