question about spring mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvd12720

5 Year Member
i have a 2 month old red foot and well i planted some spring mix it has been growing for a couple of days and it is about 1 inch high is it ok to let him eat it right now or should i wait for a month for it to mature( THE spring mix). is it safe for him to eat now?????

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
safe now, but you might want to let it mature to get more of it. if you pinch off the leaves and not pull it up, it will cont to grow.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
mvd12720, I take it you did not use any fertilizer or chemicals on it or in the soil correct? If so you can let them eat it anytime but as Laura said letting it mature and pinching it will give you more crop time and yield.

Wally

10 Year Member!
Texas, yeehaw
I have a question about store bought spring mix. There are leaves that look like spinach. what is this?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
some might be spinich unless there isnt any in the mix.. lots of diff types.. does it have a different taste? there is something in the mix that I LOVE,, i cant think of the name of it... it might look like spinach...

Wally

10 Year Member!
Texas, yeehaw
Laura said:
some might be spinich unless there isnt any in the mix.. lots of diff types.. does it have a different taste? there is something in the mix that I LOVE,, i cant think of the name of it... it might look like spinach...

The bag does not list spinach, but I don't know. I try not to eat my tortoises food anyways. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.