Question! Russian Tortoise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

keiraliang

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dallas, TX
Hello,

I have two Russian Tortoise in my house. they are both in their own enclosure. They are both male. so they are seperate..

They have been doing the same thing for a week..
They keep walking back and forth in the enclosure..sometimes they would stand up and against to the wall especially at the corner of the enclosure. I want to know what they want? Are they trying to go out of the enclosure? (their enclosure are 50Gallon tub from Lowes) or looking for a female RT? or something else?

Thanks~...

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Mine go CRAZY on days when it is cold and rainy and I don't let them go outside... I am going to have to build something really eleborate for next winter to keep them entertained.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have only had my Russians for a few months. I plan on hibernating them this winter, but indoors in a refrigerator, and only for a few weeks the first time. I am a little nervous about it and our ground gets really wet and soggy in the fall, winter and spring. It is spring here now, and most days are high 60's to low 70's, so they have been going out, but nights are getting as low as 18* and we have had quite a few 40* wet rainy days. On those days they are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.