Rating My Tortoise's Behavior

turtlebean

Location (City and/or State)
Connecticut
Hi guys, me again :)

I just wanted to share some top tier photos of my boy Tortillini. He’s been out here eating, sleeping, moving, basically just living his best life. Felt it was my parental duty to evaluate the decisions and lifestyle choices Tortillini has been choosing.

Escarole eating etiquette : A soft 7.6/10. We will work on this.IMG_7866.png

Ability to fall asleep anywhere: Unparalleled... 10/10IMG_7863.jpeg

Climbing on food skills: Solid, workable, I'm not mad about it. 8.3/10IMG_7795.jpeg

Usage of environment to create a pillow (proud of u tort): 9/10IMG_7777.jpeg

General face cuteness: A strong 11/10 ... never doubted u for a second TortIMG_7761.png

Small body: 10/10IMG_7760.png

Ability to nap through the of the crunch of me eating buffalo chicken dip and chips at midnight: 10/10 truly admirable, real MVP, can't ask much more of a roommate
IMG_7803.jpeg
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Time to continue watching this little cutie sleep.

-Julia R

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Man, you’re really making me want a Russian! I’m having to really fight myself to not rescue one, lol.

turtlebean

Connecticut
Man, you’re really making me want a Russian! I’m having to really fight myself to not rescue one, lol.
I think you're gonna have to let yourself win on this one and get one lol! I love mine so much, he really is something lovable and exciting to come home to each and every day. I hope you end up rescuing one when you are ready, you definitely won't regret it!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I think you're gonna have to let yourself win on this one and get one lol! I love mine so much, he really is something lovable and exciting to come home to each and every day. I hope you end up rescuing one when you are ready, you definitely won't regret it!
Oh man, I can hear my wallet crying already!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
What kind of substrate is that?...He's a cute tortoise, I don't keep Russians, but I believe they eat broad leaf weeds, you should look up the Russian forum and see what else he should eat...

turtlebean

Connecticut
What kind of substrate is that?...He's a cute tortoise, I don't keep Russians, but I believe they eat broad leaf weeds, you should look up the Russian forum and see what else he should eat...
It's a mix of mostly coco coir and then some cyprus mulch.

I planted some broadleaf testudo seed mix and some hostas a couple weeks ago and I have just recently started mixing the broadleaf into his food!

My plan is to switch him completely from grocery store greens to homegrown weeds and plants but it's definitely a slow process, especially growing things at home from scratch.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Back in the day I did keep Russians...I found that they are obnoxious, mean, ornery, escape prone, and funny. In other words...in a small body they have big Sulcata personalities...lol