Red foot on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Red foot on Craigs list in Eugene, Oregon

1 1/2 year old Female Redfooted Tortoise, includes her entire set up with aquarium, uv light, heat lamp and food/water dishes, food and vitamins. She is very social and loves to get bathed and be held. If interested contact me and we can talk about her rehoming fee as it is negotiable I just want her to go to a good home.

PostingID: 1592953103

Attachments

• Redfoot.jpg
    Redfoot.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 88

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Ahhh so tempted, but no room... What do I do? :(

Can you post the direct link?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Jordan, if her adoption fee is within range-- I'd go for it! You could always hold her til the summer. OR V-day is coming up. :p Didn't you say your GF likes torts!

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Haha she likes the torts, but giving her a RF for V-day would be like getting her a bowling ball (that is actually a really bad example because I don't really bowl and she doesn't really like to watch me enjoy it, but I think you get the pic) ;) Maybe she'd get me one? lol
But I'm currently emailing the owner and looking into, considering it sincerely... Only thing is her tort is supposedly a male, which I don't want my little girls getting knocked up anytime soon! So when he hits puberty, he would have to live alone... but I need to have her send me some pictures of him so I can actually confirm the sex (as best you can at that age)

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
I hope you get him Jordan, I love to see them go to a good home. Let us know.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
She wanted $200 dollars to re-home the redfoot (who I found out is supposedly a girl, still never saw shots of her tail)... She said she is charging that much because she is affraid people just want to get them cheap offline and resell them! $200! I can't afford it :(

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Did you try sending her pictures of your animals and their setups? That's what I make people do if they want to buy a gecko from me. (I recently sold two)--I want to be sure people are serious. Tell her you'll give her like 125$ and that her baby will be taken care of just like your other tortoises. Once she sees how your animals are, maybe she will reconsider. Just my thoughts.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
That lady doesn't know what she is talking about. You can buy a new baby from Bluebeast for $100 and with shipping still comes out to less than what shes asking. Maybe you could point that out to her?

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Wow! I would be very surprised if anybody pays that much. I will bet she will have to come way down. You might tell her you don't want the tank and stuff that comes with it, she can sell that separately. Unless you wanted it.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
I've emailed her and said I can't afford that, but that I'd be happy to share photos of the home her tort would be coming home to. She was emailing me back almost instantly before, but since I said I couldn't afford that much she hasn't emailed me for a while :\

rsross1970

5 Year Member
Hi there my direct email is [email protected]
I live in Washington state near the Tacoma area and I've been looking for a redfoot. I can meet you where ever you need, also I can give you an adoption fee for her. I have a great place for her to be happy and grow up to a nice old age. With a big yard and plenty of sunshine. Send me a email and some contact information. I hope to here from you soon :)
-Rich R.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
rsross1970 said:
Hi there my direct email is [email protected]
I live in Washington state near the Tacoma area and I've been looking for a redfoot. I can meet you where ever you need, also I can give you an adoption fee for her. I have a great place for her to be happy and grow up to a nice old age. With a big yard and plenty of sunshine. Send me a email and some contact information. I hope to here from you soon :)
-Rich R.

Hey Rich: This was a Craig's list ad, not someone here on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.