Red Lettuce in spring mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Thought tortoises don't like the red lettuce? I checked in on moonpies food after I found her eating yet again this morning and she'd eaten most of it even the red lettuce!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Dana:

I've never heard that one. Far as my experience goes, even box turtles like the red lettuce.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Dana:

I've never heard that one. Far as my experience goes, even box turtles like the red lettuce.

Hmm idk just seems a few people on here have said theirs don't like it oh well :)

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
DanaLachney said:
emysemys said:
Hi Dana:

Hmm idk just seems a few people on here have said theirs don't like it oh well :)

My RT's eat it. :cool:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Joe used to eat... now he makes a point of leaving it... to the extent that if I cut the red tops of some of the bi-coloured leaves he'll eat the green bit.

Honestly he's worse than a fussy child! :D

Comrad Turtles "grandma"

10 Year Member!
las Vegas, NV
Dude! I don't have a problem with Comrad eating (he will try any of the new greens I give him), but he AVOIDS any purple or red leaves. He is not the type of tort to climb on top of his pile of food, but if there is any red/purple in there then he will climb on top then and start pushing all of that vile red/purple stuff away :) So, freakin funny! I find it very interesting that other RT owners state that their little dudes like it :)

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
My 2 sulcatas have diff personalities so the lil guy eats the red lettuce but the big one doesn't haha

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Given the choice, Cooper will eat the green color first, and only eat purple if he is starving. As far as red color, he likes the red tort bars I got from coastal silkworms. So who knows. As long as he is eating I'm happy!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I fed the organic spring mix today, with some shredded carrots mixed in to my gulf coast box turtle. He ate the carrots and the red/purple lettuce with enthusiasm. He ignored the green lettuce.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Comrad Turtles "grandma" said:
He is not the type of tort to climb on top of his pile of food, :)

LOL that's funny!!! MoonPie climbs on top of her food too eat sometimes!!! Why do they do that?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
DanaLachney said:
Comrad Turtles "grandma" said:
He is not the type of tort to climb on top of his pile of food, :)

LOL that's funny!!! MoonPie climbs on top of her food too eat sometimes!!! Why do they do that?

Because the best bits are always the other side of the pile... even if it's all the same from our human point of view... and torts don't walk round anything unless they have to! :D

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:

Because the best bits are always the other side of the pile... even if it's all the same from our human point of view... and torts don't walk round anything unless they have to! :D[/QUOTE]

Lol :D

Course not they are bulldozers and garbage disposal and in one :p

Status
Not open for further replies.