lettuce seeds for a russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
I recently decided to plant a few planters full of seeds to hopefully grow some fresh food for my tortoise (Russian) in the coming spring. I was looking at the store to find some seeds that said "green leaf lettuce" or even "red leaf lettuce", which is what i usually buy at the store for him, but i didn't see any seed packets with that title....i ended up buying "Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce" but i couldn't find it listed on the tortoise table or anything....my question is, where do i find green leaf lettuce seeds in Missouri and also can my tortoise eat Black Seeded Simpson lettuce?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Your post may have been missed, sorry.

You can get collard greens, mustard, kale. My favorite is the Mesclun seed mix, which is a mixture of different types of greens...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
For my russians I grow radishes, I eat the radish and feed the tops to my russians, plus they grow and then germinate in about 2 weeks or so, so you can quickly have a fresh and constant supply of them.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
im already growing mustard, kale, and radishes, thank you for the advice, and no it isnt romaine or iceberg because at the store they have another bin titled iceberg and one titled romaine so green leaf must not be that one....im already also growing romaine though too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.