Redfoot Newby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessargie

5 Year Member
Hi there. My name is Angela and soon I will be welcoming Lucy, a Redfoot tortoise, into my home. I have ALWAYS wanted a turtle and my bf surprised me with getting me a tortoise and I'm so excited. However, with that excitement comes fear!!! I'm reading so much that I think, no, I know, I am confusing myself even more. I just want her to be happy and do all the right things; I'm getting a 75 gallon aquarium and that's all I have to start. I won't bring her home until I have it all together. Could someone please please help me with substrate, UVB lighting, cold side temp/warm side temp, calcium and D3 issues....I'm panicing! lol Thank you so much.

Angela

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello an welcomo to the TFO Angela I do not have redfoots but some body will be along that does an help you out just keep reading an when you get him post some pictures so we can enjoy him tooo :)

princessargie

5 Year Member
Thank you. And Yes, I will be like the expectant mother and will be taking pictures like crazy to share!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Welcome Angela. How big is your new RF? I keep mine in a 75 gal viv. too. This year he's up-grading into a 125 gal. I told everyone to give me money for Christmas, so he'll be getting his new set up after the 25th. :D
There is a lot you can do with that 75 gal. Lots of plants will keep in the humidity. I have a heat emitter on each end and a long tube UVB 10.5 in the middle. Low light and high warm humidity...perfect for a RF. Can't wait to see you pictures.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Dang, I wish I was further along in the new version of the Tortoise Library for you! I am trying to move it from a Google site to its own home- http://www.tortoiselibrary.com

You are welcome to see what I have so far, though, it it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.