Repti Fogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
The mist from the misting system is much larger droplets then what comes from the fogger. Plus the fogger mist hugs pretty close to the ground, and doesn't splash or fly all over like mist from a mister nozzle. It is more passive.

TonkaLuv

5 Year Member
Virginia
My timer came in a few days ago. Looks pretty good. Now just waiting on the fogger. It should be here no later than Friday (hopefully!) I'll let you guys know how it goes and try to post some pics of it "in action" :;)

flkustom

5 Year Member
what kind of timer did you get? I've been looking for one that will let me do 10-15 minutes multiple times a day

I bought a repti fogger as well (still waiting on it) and I also bought this funky little elephant humidifier from walmart.com that I am going to attach a tube to (his trunk lol)

TonkaLuv

5 Year Member
Virginia
flkustom said:
what kind of timer did you get? I've been looking for one that will let me do 10-15 minutes multiple times a day

I bought a repti fogger as well (still waiting on it) and I also bought this funky little elephant humidifier from walmart.com that I am going to attach a tube to (his trunk lol)

I got a Intermatic brand "heavy duty timer". It has three on/off settings. So, it probably isn't quite what u r looking for. Hopefully it will be enough for me. :-/ You might be able to find a timer with more interval settings through a pet supply company. I'll let u know how this one works out, though. I'm hoping to have it on for three 30-40 minute intervals throughout the day.

The elephant humidifier sounds cute! :)

TonkaLuv

5 Year Member
Virginia
So I'm a bit perturbed because I contacted the shipper to see why its taking so long for my fogger to get here, and found out it might not arrive until the 13th!! Grrr!!!!!:( if I had known to begin with that it would take this long I would have just payed the extra money and gotten at the let store. :(:(:(
Anyway....it will eventually get here.....I just wanted to share my frustration with yall. Lol.

TonkaLuv said:
So I'm a bit perturbed because I contacted the shipper to see why its taking so long for my fogger to get here, and found out it might not arrive until the 13th!! Grrr!!!!!:( if I had known to begin with that it would take this long I would have just payed the extra money and gotten at the let store. :(:(:(
Anyway....it will eventually get here.....I just wanted to share my frustration with yall. Lol.

Woops, pet store not let store. Lol

TonkaLuv

5 Year Member
Virginia
It's finally here! woot! :p The Repti Fogger came in last night. I tested it out and Tonka was pretty fascinated with the fog.....but not enough to stop him from eating his dinner. lol. (I don't think much would!) :D

So, today I have it set up with the timer. So far....seems to be working well. Tonka is standing under the tube enjoying the fog. hehe. I'll let you know at the end of the day how it does at actually keeping up the humidity, which is my biggest problem. His tank just does not hold humidity well at all.

expiredgummiworm

5 Year Member
Miami, Fl, US
I created my own automatic indoor misting system that works great for a very low cost. I could post pictures and instructions if you are interested.

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL
Here's my attempt at a home-brew solution for my Greeks. I used a room humidifier we had bought at Sears; a plastic water bottle with the bottom cut off to put on top of the humidifier's outlet; and a very precarious piece of tin foil. Here's what I got, and what the design looks like.

I left it on for several hours last night; it brought the humidity up nicely, but when I turned it off, the humidity dropped right back down. If I keep it set up, I will probably put it on a timer, turning it on for 15 min every hour whenever the lights are on.

Anyone have any better ideas than tin foil for a flexible ducting solution? I wandered Lowe's and couldn't find much.

The nice thing about this humidifier is it holds a TON of water. In fact, it is rather heavy when full.

TonkaLuv

5 Year Member
Virginia
Sorry for not replying sooner. Life is crazy! lol. The reptifogger is working very well. Tonka seems to love it, and it's doing a decent job keeping up the humidity. So, I give it two thumbs up ;)

expiredgummiworm said:
I created my own automatic indoor misting system that works great for a very low cost. I could post pictures and instructions if you are interested.

Would love to see your pics and instructions :)

LindaF

5 Year Member
Glad Tonka likes the fogger. I but my fogger on an old locker shelf that the kid wasn't using any more. He likes to hide in the dark corner under the shelf/fogger. When the fogger comes on, he comes out of hiding. He also likes to let water drip on him from the tube. He likes walking in the fog. He must think it is his ninja cloaking device.

Status
Not open for further replies.