right temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barry horsfield

5 Year Member
hiya as ive mentioned my russian is going in the shed soon, i understand that they should have a warm area of about 80-100F and a slightly cooler area? but my question is how do acheive this and sustain that temprature? bulbs or heat pads? and what is the surgested temp of the cooler area? also whats the suggested day and night time tempratures supposed to be and how do i sustain them? please help me do the best for him, cheers

M

Maggie Cummings

Bob's shed has an ambient temp of 85 degrees . I use an oil filled heater for that. Then he also has a MVB basking light. It's a T-rex, that way he can move in under the light to warm up as he needs to. When he's warm he moves away from the light...he also has a sleeping box inside his shed with a pig blanket that he sleeps on all night long. How old is your Russian? Is he big enough to be living outside?

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
It would help greatly to know what area of the country and a general idea of what the day and night time temperatures are like in your area. Different requirements often apply to different climates.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Ben is in the U.K.

Ben: Your tortoise's house is supposed to keep him cool in hot weather and warm and dry in cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.