Roxy

Anastasia

5 Year Member
"Roxy" is the store mascot at a local petstore in town. Often times on slow days they'll let her out of her enclosure to wander the huge store. She is about 42 lbs now.

20130912_122732_resized_zpsfca843a3.jpg

I snapped this photo of her walking down the fish aisle! I know it's not easy to see her, but I thought it was a cool photo! Wonder what she was thinking as she was going down that long aisle!

20130912_123024_resized_zps4103ebda.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not a bad looking tort. Does she get to live outside when she's not in the store? That is a really cool pic of her walking down the line of aquariums. Thanks for sharing.

Anastasia

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Not a bad looking tort. Does she get to live outside when she's not in the store? That is a really cool pic of her walking down the line of aquariums. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

As far as I know, she never leaves the store. Her enclosed pen is definitely too small for her, only about thrice the length of her body at the longest point. Her basking light and UVB light are so low, if she stands up on her toes, her back scraped the light. I've never seen her with water to soak in, personally. IMHO, I don't know how she's ended up looking so good considering, but she's a great tort anyway! She's been in the store at least three years, and they have her listed as being born in 2008. She's getting a little bullheaded for them, I have heard that she moves the mini-fridge where they store the frozen feeders, and I've seen the hole she smashed into one wall when she didn't feel like going around it! I can only imagine the handful she'll be in a couple more years! LOL!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Awe the poor girl. But, I will say she looks very well taken care of. Thanks for sharing!

mikeh

5 Year Member
It could be much worse. At least she gets plenty of room for exercise and its probably pretty warm and humid in there. I agree the UVB in such close proximity to the shell is not great.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

sburgess1217

5 Year Member
Great photo and it seems like good exercise for her. Maybe the store could let the employees take her for the weekends and that way someone can take her outside to a park or yard and let her get sunlight and eat grass like they should.