Russian buying

Mikael_m29

I am going to buy a russian of tortoise supply.com should I get one that is almost adult but it is wild caught or should I get a baby. I have heard babies are harder to care for and I'm a beginner so I would be a bit nervous.which one should I buy?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
I'd go for an adult. I'm not a beginner, but a baby Russian is just to big of an ordeal.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
When I was on the site I did not see baby Russians for sale. Don't ask me how I know :p

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I agree, get a sub adult or adult. They are established and healthy if you are buying from Tortoise Supply, great choice!

Pittrock

TortoiseSupply will do you good. I've also seen evidence of how his "imports" arrive. They arrive in specially designed individual containers - each tortoise is in it's own little compartment. I'm not a huge of importing but if I did go that route I would certainly choose this vendor.

Since you're a beginner, I would recommend an adult. If you're a little adventurous, I just picked up a Dalmatian Hermann from them a couple weeks ago. They're about 7mos old so not quite "babies" anymore but still "cute" and require a little less looking after so to speak. But be prepared for daily soaks and keeping up with warmth and humidity. Do it right to avoid health problems and/or pyramiding.

Good luck! Keep us posted!!