Russian Tortoise has Pneumonia :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingbongbibidybobbo

5 Year Member
Hes fine. The vet seems 2 think he'd become constipated and overeaten. Hea been fine since, no further vomiting. Had a nice big poo last night! Lol! Gunna soak twice a day this week, it wont hurt. We just seem 2 bw taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back :(

bingbongbibidybobbo

5 Year Member
Looks like another 4 weeks :( he's gained a little weight but not as much as he should but he's sooo active! He never sits still, he's always on the move which is good, shows he's getting better. He's gained about 20g since having the tube fitted etc. He eats on his own tho, he's always picking and as soon as he sees dandelions he munches the lot!

bingbongbibidybobbo

5 Year Member
Hes seems fine, hes eating, hes very active. Its just imposible to give him his meds now without the tube :/

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
That's great news about his appetite and activity, though. I guess he is fiesty enough to get the tube out.
You may have mentioned; how much longer does he have to get the meds?

bingbongbibidybobbo

5 Year Member
Hes back at the vets 2moro for chest xrays and hopefully he should b all clear 2 stop the baytril. He hates having it squirted in his mouth but he pulled the tune out, the little bugger. Since then though hes put on 8grams :)

bingbongbibidybobbo

5 Year Member
Well hes put on another 5grams and his xrays r fine. Hes been discharged from the vets :) just cant believe its cost me £850 in vets bills since this all started :/

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I'm happy for both of you! Well, not your wallet, but they get under your skin so what else could you do? :rolleyes:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Good to read the good news! Not sure what your cost was in american money, but Coopers vet bill was right at $350. But I gave him his shots when he was sick, he didnt have to have the tube. Just glad your guy is doing good now!

bingbongbibidybobbo

5 Year Member
I dont mind that hes cost me a fortune though, his health and happiness is more important and you cant put a price on that. I just love how he stomps up to me when i bring him his morning greens :) Hes got such a spring in his step now :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
bingbongbibidybobbo said:
At a guess i'd say about $1250
Ouch! I will have to kiss Cooper for not costing me that much! :p Altho I would have paid it if needed be. :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
bingbongbibidybobbo said:
I dont mind that hes cost me a fortune though, his health and happiness is more important and you cant put a price on that. I just love how he stomps up to me when i bring him his morning greens :) Hes got such a spring in his step now :)

:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.