Russian tortoise school project

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I’m doing a school project on Russian tortoises and I’m having trouble finding some information. It’s suppsoed to be about WILD tortoise not pet ones and I cant find some stuff-

1. What are their predators in the wild? I know some birds and reptiles but what specifically?

2. What specific plants do they eat in the wild. All I could find was succulent and flowers but that’s pretty broad

Last edited:
Indiana
I have to make a video about them. I can’t find some information I want to include. The teacher said we’re allowed to use internet and outside sources so I thought maybe people here could help

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can find a lot of info on wikipedia.com. For example, go to Google and put in, "wiki - what do russian tortoises eat in the wild?"

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
One good thing to mention is the difference between wild caught. Gathered and smuggled to the States and sold to various pet stores. Very bad! Much better for ppl to obtain one from a breeder. Not stolen from their natural habitat. Well cared for and healthy. Totally humane. Plus the breeder will help you get the proper food ect. Plus how to properly care for. Just a tid bit of info. Either way it’s good to know. Cool project and best of luck with it!

Reactions: Ink