Safe plants for shade

dsbrogan0425

I'm just wondering what would be some safe plants for my tortoises to hide under, I am building a new enclosure for my tortoises and I need some shade because I don't have any plants or big trees in my back yard. I have 2 redfoots right now, and what is the best substrate to use as well, someone said coconut but someone else told me cypress mulch. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1502231782.470562.jpg
Also, should I put something on the top to enclose it completely because of animals getting at them, I have a 6 foot vinyl fence around my yard. This was on the lanai but now is in my back yard and adding to it daily. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dsbrogan0425

It is vinyl. I found it at lowes. The sections and posts are separate and you can buy taller posts and stack the sections to make them up to 3 high.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
It is vinyl. I found it at lowes. The sections and posts are separate and you can buy taller posts and stack the sections to make them up to 3 high.
May I ask what state do you live in ? It's really nice . But will it hold up to AZ sun and heat ?