Sealer

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I used Flex Seal on a chicken coop. Been about 5 years now out in the Chicago weather and still holding up.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This was a temporary chicken coop. I used it for a short time until my shed was delivered. But it has been in this spot the whole time. Sun beating on it most of the day and snow in winter. I didn't do the top. I thought the shingle like tar paper would hold up, big mistake. I'm still contemplating replacing the top to use it for something.
I bought a gallon of the clear and used about a 1/4 of the gallon. The stuff doesn't spread easy, but I think it holds up really well.
IMG_20240814_142856593_HDR.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Is any sealer really okay if you let it sit long enough?

Also which sealers do yall recommend im from eastern US.
What are you sealing? Indoors or out? Closed space or open top with free circulation?

Mulgore

Kernersville, NC
What are you sealing? Indoors or out? Closed space or open top with free circulation?
yep it'll be for the outdoor enclosure i want to seal the wood from the elements. Open top, 8x4 feet and i want to add your double door night box build as well. But this is mainly so he can get some natural sunlight but i want to try to get him to sleep out there if the temps are nice.