separating them is impossible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
i put a plastic bin in Ophelias enclosure, to separate them, but its impossible! the baby escapes, idk how she does it because its quite the drop to take, but she does, and as soon as she does she goes right to Ophelia, basically they dont want to be apart. and im trying to keep them separate for their own good, but its not working. when the babys in the bin they stare at each other...... i need some tips. i want to keep them separated for atleast alittle bit longer!!!

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Seperate enclosures would work pretty well. :p A quarantine would be worthless if they're only seperated by one piece of little plastic.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Do you know the backgrounds of both? If they are from a trustworthy captive breeder in the US, then the chance of problems is greatly reduced. Also, as mentioned, a plain plastic wall is not going to stop much.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
Ive had Ophelia for almost a year now, and the baby was taken to the vets yesterday, and all is well. so im wondering if i could just keep them together, but just make sure the baby is eating and keep a very close eye on her ?

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
How much of a gambler are you? I would say the odds are really good that there is nothing to worry about, but there IS still at least a little risk. If either one is harboring germs or worms that the other does not have a resistance to, it will probably get ill. Unlikely, but possible.

If you got the baby from a reliable breeder, I personally would be OK with it.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
yeah, i feel completely comfortable having the two together now. she doesnt have shell rot, so im very happy with them being together. just keeping a watch on if the baby is eating is a tough chore

Status
Not open for further replies.