settling in :)

robmasako85

Well, now that little Sven has had some time to settle in, she is definitely coming out of her shell! (hahaha) She is a little lazy and doesn't really wake up until 10am, but once she does, watch out! She is certainly entertaining and is incredibly active. Her newest thing is to climb up her log on one end, walk across to the other and then jump off of it. She also will climb onto her log to bask in the natural sunlight as we have her close to a large window. Her sun/heat lamp is actually on the other side, and in the mornings when the sun is shining in, she actually prefers that to her lamp. It will be nice to move back to BC and get an actual house with a yard so I can set up a little tort enclosure for her so she can have some outside time too. She is eating really well and I think she has actually grown. I really thank you all for all the advice, (especially the coco bedding!) and hopefully will get some more pictures up for you soon!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds good. Some pics would be nice. Just so you know, the UVB will not go through the glass. But if she likes it for basking, then that what she likes. Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

robmasako85

yes! Thank you though! ;) It is always on, and in the afternoon the light becomes her basking spot of choice.

robmasako85

This is her as I'm busy working... I forgot to mention! She has grown a whole 1/8" since she's been here!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
That's great to hear! :) Sven looks very healthy. Great job!

(I'm also considering moving back to BC. Much better temps for tortoises, during the winter!)

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES