Shade plant?

krh11b23

5 Year Member
What's a good shade plant to use in an outdoor enclosure that my tort can also eat

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
You could always add a dwarf mulberry tree...they top out at about 8 feet and hang low enough for your sully to munch on...without damaging the tree!

krh11b23

5 Year Member
Ya I was thinking mulberry not sure where to get one tho

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
When you say "shade plant," do you mean one that PROVIDES shade, or one that GROWS in shade?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
You'll wanna avoid the above listed vendor...best to avoid fruiting trees! One of our site vendors offers them on occasion...here's the link...

http://www.coastalsilkworms.com/dwarf-mulberry-tree-1gal.html

I dunno, we've had a lot of success with fig trees from them, never any issues. Another tree vendor ive used for grape vines is Isons. I have about 10 gorgeous vines growing this year that i received and planted last Spring. My Sully loves the new baby grape leaves, picked fresh each day.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I dunno, we've had a lot of success with fig trees from them, never any issues. Another tree vendor ive used for grape vines is Isons. I have about 10 gorgeous vines growing this year that i received and planted last Spring. My Sully loves the new baby grape leaves, picked fresh each day.
I'm referring to mulberries...they are no good for sulcatas! Grape leaves are great...but you can get them anywhere!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I'm referring to mulberries...they are no good for sulcatas! Grape leaves are great...but you can get them anywhere!
Is it a problem is my tort has a fruiting mulberry in his enclosure?