Shell rot?

blakebeyer

Location (City and/or State)
Nj
i know there are 1000 posts with the same question so I apologize for the question, is this shell rot? This is a year old redfoot tortoise that I recently noticed this white line forming on her carapace, I know shell rot typically starts on the plastron but I don't see any major markings (to my untrained eye) I only see faint lines that might just be patterns? Not really sure. Any input is appriciated!

Ps: I have already added a layer of orchid bark to the substrate to keep it more dry to avoid future issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1965.JPG
    IMG_1965.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1966.JPG
    IMG_1966.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1967.JPG
    IMG_1967.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1968.JPG
    IMG_1968.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 54

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sweet Home Chicago
i know there are 1000 posts with the same question so I apologize for the question, is this shell rot? This is a year old redfoot tortoise that I recently noticed this white line forming on her carapace, I know shell rot typically starts on the plastron but I don't see any major markings (to my untrained eye) I only see faint lines that might just be patterns? Not really sure. Any input is appriciated!

Ps: I have already added a layer of orchid bark to the substrate to keep it more dry to avoid future issues.

That looks like marbling to me. Nothing to worry about. It doesn't happen all the time - I think it looks pretty cool. My Brazilian is marbling too.