Shipping from Hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

geiruna8

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Has anyone previously shipped a small (Sulcata) tortoise out of Hawaii? I know a health clearance is required to bring tortoises into the state, but do you still need one to bring it out of the state?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
geiruna8 said:
Has anyone previously shipped a small (Sulcata) tortoise out of Hawaii? I know a health clearance is required to bring tortoises into the state, but do you still need one to bring it out of the state?

Welcome to the forum:) there are a few members from Hawaii onarock being one I know he is shipping leo's out I'm he will chime in an help you ou:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I could be wrong but from what I remember if a tortoise crosses state lines , it needs a health certificate, no matter what state is involved.

Welcome

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
It's a total pain:) Ask Paul!

If I remember correctly, it's a health cert from vet, sign off by Fish&game then ship out.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
You got that right Mick. I am still trying to find out how to simplify the process. The problem is the more people you ask the more of a pain it becomes, nobody from Fish and Wildlife could really tell me anything consistant, so I just made sure I got every piece of possibly needed paperwork (I dont want to risk confinscation with the group I'm trying to ship). I also live on an outer island. I think it might be easier if you live on Oahu. We dont have access to the same facilitys over here.

Az tortoise compound said:
It's a total pain:) Ask Paul!

If I remember correctly, it's a health cert from vet, sign off by Fish&game then ship out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi geiruna8:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name?

Status
Not open for further replies.