shipping my first turtle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

68merc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Fresno, CA
Today I shipped a large female Huastecan (think that's the spelling) slider to Florida! Pray all works out well.
2011-07-26_08-31-06_896.jpg

(Trachemys venusta cataspila

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have been fearing anticipating my first tortoise shipping, I have received them before but never shipped one out. What did you use? Fed ex? let us know when it arrives.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Yes, the first one is full of anticipation waiting to hear from the buyer. It then is just like riding a bike and proper care for shipping makes for successful shipping. I have used all three shipping companies. I really like UPS the best but are the most expensive of the three. FedEx is also very good. USPS has great customer service and very reasonable prices (can only ship tortoises not turtles through usps) BUT they tend to lose/delay overnight packages often. I have never had a tortoise pass away while being shipped, but had delays quite a bit with USPS.

The one problem you run into is that some people who work the front desk don't realize their company ships reptiles.

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
I sent her via Fedex. The flight to east coast leaves at 5pm pacific from Fresno so I didn't drop her till 3:30, Cut off time is 4.

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
Well my turtle made it to Tampa healthy. But it sounds like she had a sex change in Oakland.
I thought it was a she, the breeder I gave her to said its a HE. So I guess all slider males don't have long front claws. :)

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
yea (Praying to the LORD is Best) i hope everything goes good for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.