Sick Again?!!! PLease Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
So my young Redfoot Jerry Lee recently got over a URI after a round of Baytril injections and two months of hospital tank. His appetite had returned-everything was great. Yesterday when I went to get him for his morning soak he made a very odd croaky sound-he ate a little, went outside and hung out, and didnt do it again. Today I came home, went to get him (he was climbing out of his water dish) and noticed he was almost lethargic. I soaked him in warm water with some baby food and noticed the same old signs of URI-neck stretching, eyes blurry (maybe I am crazy but I think he looks a little pale around the mouth also). He is stretching his neck out and making little wheezy/cat mewing sounds-I honestly thought he might be dying :( I took the MVB off and turned on his CHE to make it warmer for him-but what I am noticing is how LIGHT he is when I pick him up. I am really worried...can URIs reoccur so quickly????

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Bump! I hope someone can help answer this for you. I'm so sorry that you're going through this again.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
What temperatures are you keeping him at ? What kind of enclosure are you using? What humidity? If he keeps getting sick the enclosure is more than likely your problem.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.