Silly Dudley

I often leave the back door open during the mornings & Dudley has recently figured out how to climb the step up into the house. The first time he came in I got some him some treats from the kitchen & now he associates the kitchen with tasty treats. If the door is closed He will attempt to plow through the door
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501258276.571970.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501258317.030449.jpg

Here we have Dudley after getting kicked out of the houseImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501258493.487471.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wait a few more years and he won't attempt to plow the door over, he will!
Adorable sully and love the pics. He does look a little put off being put to his own house. Pay backs a, you know how it goes, I'd trend lightly with one eye on him always. LOL

waretrop

5 Year Member
NE Pa. Zone 5
Alice goes through curtains and screens and up big ramps. Dudley should be able to figure out "outside" and "inside". You may think about a screen to keep the bugs out and yet allow Dudley's freedom.

screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg
20161204_122455r.jpg
20161204_112026r.jpg

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I often leave the back door open during the mornings & Dudley has recently figured out how to climb the step up into the house. The first time he came in I got some him some treats from the kitchen & now he associates the kitchen with tasty treats. If the door is closed He will attempt to plow through the door
View attachment 213880View attachment 213881

Here we have Dudley after getting kicked out of the houseView attachment 213882
Is that a heated cat bed you have there?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Ah! That's neat! I may need to look into one for Oliver! I didn't know they made heated cat beds!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501459696.914012.jpg
https://www.chewy.com/kh-pet-products-extra-wide-outdoor/dp/128065
Description
The K&H Pet Products Extra-Wide Outdoor Heated Kitty House provides a safe, heated shelter for outdoor cats. This extra-wide house is large enough to accommodate several cats at once, so it's great for multiple-cat households. There are two exits with removable door flaps for easy entry and to avoid the risk of being trapped by predators. It's got all of the comforts of home with a K&H Lectro-Soft heated bed that partially heats the floor to keep kitties warm and cozy. The zippered roof makes it super-easy to assemble so your cats can start enjoying their new home right away.

Key Benefits

Vinyl backing and 600 denier nylon construction create a water-resistant shelter. Zippered roof for easy assembly (no tools required!)
Great for outdoor cats. Large, heated shelter (20 watts) that can be used by multiple cats at once and protects from rain, wind, and snow
Excellent to be used use in barns, garages, porches or anywhere an outdoor cat needs additional warmth and protection. Can also be used indoors
Features two exits with removable door flaps so your cats can't be trapped by predators
Includes K&H Lectro-Soft heated bed that is MET safety listed
Cautions

Consult your veterinarian before use with young puppies/kittens, convalescent pets, during surgery/surgery recovery, or any animal that cannot voluntarily remove themselves from the heated pad. K&H recommends using only the Deluxe Lectro-Kennel Heated Pad for these animals as this pad has an adjustable thermostat. Do not place pad in confined area where the pet does not have the ability to remove themselves from the pad. Always allow your pet enough space to be able choose if they want to rest on the pad or off the pad.