Skin color

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
Steve, Just weighed her, and she is 34g. I probably do feed more than some. Also, I haven't even tried to get them on an omniverous diet yet. Here's a pic with her partially closed. She's a bold one and I didn't want to keep poking her in the nose to get her to close. Also, rear legs remain out. I should edit "fully functional" with "working" I think.
000_0990.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Forget the skin color...did you notice the eye pigmentation? That's very interesting to me.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My biggest 3 toed has a working plastron hinge at 40 grams, I was shocked to see him close it...

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
They're definately getting some eye color, and they all have the "sparkley eyes" at least that's what I call it. I only have one adult like that.
emysemys said:
Forget the skin color...did you notice the eye pigmentation? That's very interesting to me.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Your Three Toed's are going to be exceptional....I'll bet on it. Do you have a picture of the parents? Do you hibernate them? I got a close up of the Eastern. This is the best I can do with my camera......and being a BAD photographer. I love the little yellow tail. Her plastron looks just about like the picture you posted with a little more black in the middle. I got this little Eastern from Chris (HermanniChris).
013-56.jpg

016-43.jpg

007-59.jpg

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Wow, Terry! Simply wow! Very orange, too! Do you have pics of the parents?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
No Steve I don't. I got her from Chris and the parents are VERY high yellow. A few years back I had a VEry high red Eastern male. Mostly black with a lot of red on the arms and head. The female was almost all orange. Most of their cluch was red and orange, except one little one was all black. I had to re-home all my boxies at that time, and now that I'm back into this I've been searching for a high red again. Some Eastern's have unbelievable color.

Sorry....didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.