skin moisturizer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllieN

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Bay Area
Hi, everyone!

My little Puck's shell is looking really good - I think I finally got the hydration thing down. Now it's her face that worries me. Her skin is soooo dry (except for immediately following her soaks) that it looks all parched and cracked. Does anybody know if it's safe to put a moisturizer on a sully's skin? And if so, what moisturizer should I use?

IMG_8673.JPGIMG_8671.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
I don't use any moisturizer on my sulcata, so I can't help you there. Just wanted to add that you have a very nice looking youngster there. Congrats.

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
I don't think I would put anything on their skin, proper humidity and soaks should be enough, shell looks amazingly smooth, whatever you're doing it's working so keep it up!

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
Lol good one....they sell something to rub on your torts shell but I don't remember what its called...you can find it at any pet store that sells tortoise stuff...I used it on my lil guys head just a little tho and sometimes on his feet :/ hope that helps......also misting him/her head rubbing it head while its wet too..my boy loves that

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
Your sully looks great. Whatever you're doing keep it up. But I would strongly advise to not put anything on its skin. Keep him hydrated, high humidity, good food, good lighting, and I'm sure your sully will continue looking marvelous!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using TortForum mobile app

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Some people use it some dont...i use it. We are so dry here in Arizona, you would be surprised...

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
Thanks, Mark! The article cleared up what questions I had on the subject. I appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.