Sleepy AND hungry!

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I'm frustrated again just like last year. I can see Fezzik is slowing down, going to sleep much earlier, and giving most of the signs of getting ready to brumate EXCEPT he eats so much! He acts like he is starving - going to the food dish a few times per day, eating scraps and/or food choices he normally turns his nose up to. I thought they were supposed to naturally stop eating when they want to get ready to brumate, but he didn't seem to get that message.

I'm going away this weekend so that will be the start of his fast, and plan to fast him through until the end of the month at least, but damn if he doesn't send mixed signals. Plus it really hurts my heart not to feed a hungry animal!!

Here's a video, it makes me want to run out and give him all the radicchio he wants:

Attachments

• fezzik 110723.jpg
    fezzik 110723.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Staring forlornly where his food dish should be, and then coming over to the camera to say "FEED ME!"

Then before/after breakfast (always goes for the radicchio first!). By end of day this will be mostly gone... how can one little tortoise eat so much when he's supposed to be winding down!?

Attachments

• fezzik 110823.jpg
    fezzik 110823.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1
  • fezzik 110823 befaft.jpg
    fezzik 110823 befaft.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1