Sleepy sulcata after outside play time

Location (City and/or State)
St. Charles
Hi all! We live in Missouri and today I took him outside for some play time. As it got to around 5 om, the temps were in the mid 70s with a chilly breeze. I noticed that he was slowing down and getting sleepy. Sometimes he does that because he's full and tired but he's been on and off napping since, even after I brought him inside to lay with me (he's a cuddler).

My question is, can exposure to chilly(ish) temps make your tort sleepy? It's not like this has been going on for days, so I doubt he's trying to brunate (which he's never done).

Sleepy tortilla

Attachments

• 16663972194404339827144119158578.jpg
    16663972194404339827144119158578.jpg
    782.4 KB · Views: 6

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
70’s are not gonna hurt him for short periods as long as he has warmer temps to come in to after his outside time. Torts are not cuddlers ( prob trying to warm up) do u have an enclosure with proper temps?

St. Charles
70’s are not gonna hurt him for short periods as long as he has warmer temps to come in to after his outside time. Torts are not cuddlers ( prob trying to warm up) do u have an enclosure with proper temps?
Yes, I have an enclosure with the right temps. And I'm sorry but I beg to differ about torts not being cuddlers. Maybe not all of them but mine is. Over the summer, when temps were in the upper 90s, I would lay outside near him and eventually he would seek me out and lay next to me.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
They will often crowd u to get u out of their space as they do when kept in pairs. But ok… u have a sulcata retriever mix. Makes sense