Sleeping beauty

tinyherms

Tinyherms is sleeping - a lot! He's discovered the art of burying himself down in the substrate and will half-bury himself just outside of the range of his basking spot. He didn't do this before last week. His temps are 95 in basking spot with a large space for the gradient to reduce to about 70 elsewhere. The temps are in the low 70s at night.
Why is he so sleepy? He was roaming around all last week and this week he's a total snooze merchant. Also, it looks like he's not been jumping in the water dish at all and he was doing this all the time before. His appetite seems just fine, but I haven't spotted any poo since last Thursday (now Tuesday).
In a month he has gained 2 grams (although this has fluctuated a lot) from 27.1g to 29g.
What do you think he's up to?
Little tinyherms... sigh...

tinyherms

So stop worrying? OK. He seems fine otherwise. Eating well. Just a bit grumpy when I get him up to soak.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've learned that if everything else seems normal...Let them sleep.
The last baby I raised would only wake up when I woke him up. He'd eat, poop and go right back to bed. He truly did sleep 20 hours a day.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
We all worry too much about our little charges and that's a good thing.
But as Zeropilot says, babies often sleep for most of the day. If he's eating and lively when he is up, then it's probably fine.

tinyherms

Guess who is storming round his table today - yes, that's right, you guessed it - TINYHERMS! I guess he was a bit pooped after his weekend antics and needed a day in bed. I do sometimes wish my Mondays / Tuesdays could be the same!