Slow-Motion Video of Turtle Eating Worms

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
This is a pretty cool video, showing our gorgeous male Four-Eyed Turtle (Sacalia quadriocellata) eating worms in slow motion. This is a cool look at the drama of the moment, haha. It also gives a cool chance to observe a species that is not often seen. Thanks for watching, guys.

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
Thanks for the video it was really cool. But I like to ask for such a big turtle did you only feed 2 worms or did you feed more just that it wasn't shown on camera?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Actually, two worms is a nice feeding for a turtle that size. He is only about 150 grams, at the most.

I have turtles that I only feed once a week, one small worm and maybe three pellets, to avoid obesity.

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
!!! Really! My turtles are only 1.5 - 2 " and I feed them 8-10 pellets a day. That was following advice from other people here and they say its the right amount.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
My point was, it all depends on the species, it's size, it's age, the food item, temps, and the time of year. (And whatever other variables I'm forgetting)

I'm sure you're doing it right, my friend!

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
Thank you! It's my first time caring for turtles and I want to make sure I do it right

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Really neat video!!! Luv dem crazy big paddle- feet!!! :p

Hey, Anthony: does this type of turtle have an elongated skull? If it does, it almost seems like its brain would be bigger than other turtles' brains...:)

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
It's skull is an odd shape. I wouldn't say that it is a larger head than many of the species out there, but I've never seen a head quite like that of this species. It's so interesting.