Sneaking Anole through TSA

TortoiseRacket

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Hello everyone! I will be visiting Florida soon, and o want to take a little brown anole home with me. My friend at the reptile store says that I could put it in a sock with a hole in it, and then put it in my pocket. Will this work, or will I get caught? Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
A million years ago, i brought a chameleon through customs from Morocco in my jacket pocket, but that was before 9/11 and TSA.

I think an anole would show up on the body scan, then be confiscated.

Jamie

TortoiseRacket

New York
A million years ago, i brought a chameleon through customs from Morocco in my jacket pocket, but that was before 9/11 and TSA.

I think an anole would show up on the body scan, then be confiscated.

Jamie
Thanks! I’ve decided to leave the anoles in Florida, and enjoy them when I can.

I caught a tiny baby brown anole in the Bahamas last year, and when I tried to release it, it wouldn’t go. So I had a friend for the trip until I had to push I’m into the bushes before we left to go to the airport.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
If you did that, and it worked, you'd surely have an Anole with no tail by the time you got home. I grew up in South Florida catching critters and they're very fragile.

TortoiseRacket

New York
If you did that, and it worked, you'd surely have an Anole with no tail by the time you got home. I grew up in South Florida catching critters and they're very fragile.
Good point.

I’m starting to wonder why I even dreamt of this earlier. Wild animals won’t be happy in captivity- native or non-native.

They don’t even make very good pets either.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
They actually aren't native to Florida. You can keep them as pets and they do ok. Just a thought, you could catch a few then mail them overnight to yourself the day you leave.

TortoiseRacket

New York
They actually aren't native to Florida. You can keep them as pets and they do ok. Just a thought, you could catch a few then mail them overnight to yourself the day you leave.
That is a very good idea, but I’m not old enough to ship things. I wish the TSA wouldn’t be so involved with everything we do, but I am also great full- I don’t want to witness a terrorist attack on the ground! Not to mention 40,000 feet in the air. ;)

I don’t want to get in trouble, but I can’t ship the anole.

TortoiseRacket

New York
Sorry I'm coming late to this thread. I only jumped in to advise it is against Forum rules to talk about doing anything illegal, so I'm glad you decided against taking the lizard.
I really don’t know what I was thinking before! I am always strongly against taking wild animals. I was wrong to even ask!
Thanks Yvonne!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Ya I was dancing around recommending doing that. There was a post about putting it in a book and I was literally typing we can't talk about or recommend breaking any laws in the forum but the post seemed to have been deleted.

TortoiseRacket

New York
Ya I was dancing around recommending doing that. There was a post about putting it in a book and I was literally typing we can't talk about or recommend breaking any laws in the forum but the post seemed to have been deleted.
Yeah, I deleted it because I felt like I was representing myself in a bad way. I will not knowingly break rules, or advise anyone to.

I was just in an odd mood? I guess.
This never happened and will never happen again!

Thanks!