So gross!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I try very hard to feed my box turtles a good diet....but at times it's really hard to make myself do it....here is the champion slug and snail eater...The eastern Box turtle...Ginger!!!100_2613.JPG
Slugs are bad but snails are sooo nasty100_2615.JPG
The nictitating membrane in both eyes swells when she eats snails or slugs...goes away when she's done...100_2609.JPG
this is the last ornate Y had and she gave her to me...she eats small slugs100_2608.JPG100_2599.JPG

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I try very hard to feed my box turtles a good diet....but at times it's really hard to make myself do it....here is the champion slug and snail eater...The eastern Box turtle...Ginger!!!View attachment 345688
Slugs are bad but snails are sooo nastyView attachment 345689
The nictitating membrane in both eyes swells when she eats snails or slugs...goes away when she's done...View attachment 345690
this is the last ornate Y had and she gave her to me...she eats small slugsView attachment 345691View attachment 345692
Poor chef 😔

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Awww, being one of those folks who doesn't like shoes....you never quite get used to that slimucky goo squirming up between your toes on the wet grass.

lol
Yea and you can't just wash it off. You have to scrub it off because it's worse than glue. How in the world do they swallow that!