So upset over what I saw at Petco today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
The Petco in my neighborhood has stopped selling reptiles and has limited the number of fish they sell (basically only goldfish now). I also noticed the other day that they are selling fewer rodents. I'm hoping that this is a permanent change.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I've read their care sheets and they provide good basic care that pretty much insures the animals survival by keeping it simple.

KQ6AR said:
Petco has care sheets, but they are full of bad information. I know people that have given them good care sheets, but they didn't seem to learn from their mistakes.
Just go in and ask what you need to buy, to take proper care of one, & see what they try too sell you. You can judge for yourself.

Jerhanner

5 Year Member
I was fooled by a sleeping turtle once, too - my boss told me to go look at the 'dead' snapping turtle behind our building. I swear, there were ants crawling all over it, eyes wide open, etc. I jumped 10' when it moved.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
I remember when a PetSmart near me had two Redfoot males, close to 10" each in a 50 gallon tank! At least they were aware it was too small and were eager to sell the torts, cutting their price down from $199.99 to $89.99.

ReptileManiac

5 Year Member
The Petco by me supposedly has Captive Bred torts but I don't know if I believe them. They also look pretty healthy, nice clear eyes and no bubbles.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
size and price is usually a good indication of whether they are CB or WC. Usually.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Not really. There are many breeders who do not want to deal with the general public... and... I believe that the local shops do have the last say on the stock.

dmmj said:
size and price is usually a good indication of whether they are CB or WC. Usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.