Soft painful spot on shell

ladyjean22

5 Year Member
I real horrible about it but Vern can't exactly tell me something hurts bit I found this small light colored spot on her shell and I poked it with a thumbnail and each time she reacted like I hurt her.. its the only spot on her and other wise she is healthy and as tortoise like as she has ever been.. anyone have any ideas?

The other spot isn't painful to her. Maybe a healed one?

Attachments

• 1383178052268.jpg
    1383178052268.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 103

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This reminds me of the old joke where the guy goes into the doctor's office and says, "Hey, doc...it hurts when I do this" and demonstrates by raising his arm up and down. The doctor then says, "Then don't do that!"

Those spots are in an area where the new growth appears. Until it hardens, new growth is tender.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
This thread totally made me laugh! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Can you offer a full carapace image? The close-up has good focus and is helpful, I tend to agree with the new growth - no problem analysis. A full carapace image would go further to that end. From the close up, it appears your tortoise is growing well, and that is why the new growth is in such wide bands. Will