Spring love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington TX.
The males are starting to show interest in the girls. Spring has that effect! These two will make some pretty babies!

IMAG3098.jpg

IMAG3101.jpg

IMAG3102.jpg

-Matt

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I can't get over how smooth and beautiful they are. Did you raise them from hatchlings? Are they WC? They are unbelievable.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Those really are gorgeous torts Matt.

I didn't know that RFs had a breeding "season".

My sulcatas have a breeding season too. It only lasts from the beginning of January until the end of December each year.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
terryo said:
I can't get over how smooth and beautiful they are. Did you raise them from hatchlings? Are they WC? They are unbelievable.

Terry, I didn't raise them up. I was very patient and very lucky to find these guys online. I have several red-foots that are very smooth, but these two are exceptionally beautiful and smooth. I really hope these two are successful at breeding. I guess we'll see this year if anything happens.

-Matt

Tom said:
Those really are gorgeous torts Matt.

I didn't know that RFs had a breeding "season".

My sulcatas have a breeding season too. It only lasts from the beginning of January until the end of December each year.

Tom, to my knowledge, red-foots breed all year round. Mine usually slow down in the winter, but they're laying eggs at that time. I haven't really witnessed much egg laying during the summer, but since they're out all day and night, I might not catch the females nesting. In South America, red-foots have a dry season and a rainy season. Their dry season usually coincides with our summer and their wet season is our winter. I really think that they will breed all year, but only if you create suitable conditions for them.

-Matt

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello Matt those are some very nice Torts. I will have to show my wife the pics later...

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow they are stunning!!! They will definitely have pretty babies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.