stressed tort owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea UK
525576_4786786507641_1052487435_n.jpgI never would have believed keeping 2 baby tortoises could be so stressful lol,first of all i was told if i kept them too dry they would start pyramiding,then if i kept them too wet they would have shell rot,i worry about them not eating enough,whether or not i,ve given them the right amount of vitamin,is one getting fat and is the other too small,mbd,worms, parasites,drowning,flipping,the list is endless,i'm even panicking over who will look after them when i die and i'm only 39 :(
wouldn't part with them for the world though lol

oh and now they are conspiring to escape

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LMAO, great photo. I hope the bottom one realizes, when the top one gets out, the other guy is on his own. As for you, pepsiandjac, take a deep breath, relax, it will all be okay. They are pretty tuff guys.

M

Maggie Cummings

They really are cute, but I'm thinking it's possible that the bigger one is bullying the smaller one. The smaller one is not getting enough to eat, hence the small size. Can you set them up in separate habitats?

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I believe that your torts will be just fine, because you care!
:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That is such a cute picture!

When asked how tall the sides of the habitat should be I usually say something like, "Try to picture one tortoise sitting on the floor in a corner and another tortoise climbing on its back and reaching for the stars." Your picture is a great illustration for my words.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Just remember to have fun and not worry too much!

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Welcome to TFO. To alleviate the stress, you have arrived at the Forum that you will receive the most CONSISTENT and up-to-date information on how to properly care for your torts as well as the most & best membership PARTICIPATION.
There is ALWAYS someone here to help you.

Welcome.:D:tort:

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Yeah, be concerned, but don't worry. I keep my substrate moist but not muddy and the humidity is always above 50%. 80% at night. I haven't put mine outside yet or fed it any weeds from the garden so I'm not yet concerned about worms and parasites. Food wise, I always make sure the dish has something in it. It will eat when it's hungry.

It sounds like you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.