subspecies and sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrus

5 Year Member
Could anyone sex my hatchling and identify the subspecies? The tortoise has a yellow spot on each cheek, yellow scales on the front legs and a bit of yellow on the head.

bramble2.jpg

bramble.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Its still pretty early in the day here in the States. Give us some time for our more knowledgeable members to get home from work, and I'm sure someone can help you.

Petrus

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Its still pretty early in the day here in the States. Give us some time for our more knowledgeable members to get home from work, and I'm sure someone can help you.

Thanks for your kind reply. I'm pretty sure she is female THB, but I'd like a few more opinions :)

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
I would guess Eastern, THB. Interesting scute pattern along the middle. Too small to accurately sex at this point. Someone else with a better eye may be able to give you a better guess.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Definitely an Eastern Hermann's, Testudo hermanni boettgeri. At this size it's too young to accurately determine the gender of. Once the tortoise gets closer to about 3-3.5" you should be close to being able to tell.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome, your tortoise looks good, I can help with eather question, just wanted to say welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.