Sulcata flipping over

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
I have a 2 year old 6 pound sulcata that keeps flipping herself over, I always flip her back and have seen her flip herself over as well, my question is, if no one is here and she flips over will she be ok ? Even if she can't flip herself back? Usually there is someone home but tere are days that there's 8-10 hours with nobody home. It's always on the corners she does it but not sure how to round them off. It's an indoor enclosure . Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!

0.3.0 sulcata tortoise
(Manavi, aspen, Bronx)
1.0.0 Russian tortoise
(Ivan)
1 Great Dane
(Koko)

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
Thanks, I can try the board idea because its only on corners I have the problem, any other ideas for the corner?

0.3.0 sulcata tortoise
(Manavi, aspen, Bronx)
1.0.0 Russian tortoise
(Ivan)
1 Great Dane
(Koko)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I didn't follow the afore mentioned link, so this may be redundant, but, can you put a small board catty corner from one part to the other? Changing the shape from a square to more of an octagon there by removing the corners and eliminating the two wall corner that is being climbed.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
This isn't in the thread/
But to answer the key question- YES. Very dangerous. If she is not flipped right side up within minutes she could die. Her organs will start collapsing and she will quit breathing. Hope you can get this fixed soon:)

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
There's been times I'm sure it's been longer then a couple minutes but I'm going to try to eliminate the corners of the cage one way or another

0.3.0 sulcata tortoise
(Manavi, aspen, Bronx)
1.0.0 Russian tortoise
(Ivan)
1 Great Dane
(Koko)

Status
Not open for further replies.