Flipping over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylohx

5 Year Member
This has probably been asked a hundred times but my little guy wont stop flipping himself over on the corners of his enclosure. i help him every time but he huffs at me! can it damage a small sulcata being on his back for a while? should i leave him to flip himself back over?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You can round out the corners with something . If he is flipped over he can't right him self its a death sentence. Put some plants or half logs in the corners so he will stop climbing.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Make sure there are plenty of rocks and plants about that he can use to help himself flip back... he will need them to do it. It does no harm to leave him for a few minutes to try and work out how to do it.

Kylohx

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
You can round out the corners with something . If he is flipped over he can't right him self its a death sentence. Put some plants or half logs in the corners so he will stop climbing.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

have done but he still tries little bugger! just dont want him doing it when im not here :(

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Let him try till he can't no more, his way at Least he can get a feel for if your not there. Also try putting a little mound of dirt or plant it something so he can get his arm or leg on it for leverage. Good thing is babies are so light they can last longer in their backs, bad news they dehydrate easy and if under a lamp can cause problems.

Kylohx

5 Year Member
Millerlite said:
Let him try till he can't no more, his way at Least he can get a feel for if your not there. Also try putting a little mound of dirt or plant it something so he can get his arm or leg on it for leverage. Good thing is babies are so light they can last longer in their backs, bad news they dehydrate easy and if under a lamp can cause problems.

ive tried that he just ties to climb even more cause there is a slant lol its like he is obsessed with climbing!

WillTort2

5 Year Member
It's time for a round enclosure. Your tort will wear himself out just looking for a corner to pee in. :)

He'll be too tired to climb.

Good luck.

Actually, if you can block off the 90 degree corners by putting in a board it will be more difficult for him to climb the gentler angles.

Or put caps on the corners, so when he looks up it does not look like a way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.