Flipping over

SarahA

Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire
I just lost my sulcata hatchling today :( I’m DEVASTATED. He had flipped himself on his back on top of his basking rock. I had just soaked and fed him less than 2 hours prior to finding him deceased. I feel absolutely HORRIBLE!! I’m not entirely sure what caused him to flip in this spot, the basking rock was completely flush with the substrate, so I did not think he could flip on it. My only thought is that he maybe tried climbing the wall nearby and flipped back. I am at a loss, and completely heartbroken

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I just lost my sulcata hatchling today :( I’m DEVASTATED. He had flipped himself on his back on top of his basking rock. I had just soaked and fed him less than 2 hours prior to finding him deceased. I feel absolutely HORRIBLE!! I’m not entirely sure what caused him to flip in this spot, the basking rock was completely flush with the substrate, so I did not think he could flip on it. My only thought is that he maybe tried climbing the wall nearby and flipped back. I am at a loss, and completely heartbroken
sorry for your loss and your guess is most likely right wall climbing is most common cause of flipping over

xMario

Germany
Oh im so sorry for ur loss [emoji53] it's hard when something like that happens.

Unkapunka

Osage City
So sorry to hear about your tort. Mine has flipped several times on wall climbing. I think he is growing out of it now. Again so sorry