Sulcata laid eggs

Location (City and/or State)
Coahuila, Mexico
Hello! My sulcata just laid eggs in the front garden, I would like to get an incubator. Could someone help me out with a guide? I looked for informarion in the forums but I couldnt find anything about starting incubating the eggs.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Here's a complete post on how to by Tom. It's in the breeding section of this forum pinned to the top.

Coahuila, Mexico
Here's a complete post on how to by Tom. It's in the breeding section of this forum pinned to the top.

THANK YOU, I didnt know where to look

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
Congrats on your eggs TortugAncestral We are very lucky that we have experienced people here! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Thanks Mark84 and Tom for sharing your info. :)?

Coahuila, Mexico
Congrats on your eggs TortugAncestral We are very lucky that we have experienced people here! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Thanks Mark84 and Tom for sharing your info. :)?
Thanks!! unfortunately I mistakenly confused the species of my tortoise, I thought they were Sulcatas, but the are Gopherus Berlandieri, I found later a thread by Tom that said they need a similar care as the Russian Tortoise, I should edit this thread, or do you recommend me to delete it and make a new?

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
This
Thanks!! unfortunately I mistakenly confused the species of my tortoise, I thought they were Sulcatas, but the are Gopherus Berlandieri, I found later a thread by Tom that said they need a similar care as the Russian Tortoise, I should edit this thread, or do you recommend me to delete it and make a new?
This doesn’t add up...
I might be mistaken but didn’t you had 2 hatchling Gophers? One with a missing eye?

Coahuila, Mexico
This

This doesn’t add up...
I might be mistaken but didn’t you had 2 hatchling Gophers? One with a missing eye?
I didnt hatch them, we found them in our garden already hatched, we couldnt find were the tortoise laid the eggs nor the egg shells, because of the umbilical scar I assume they were 2 weeks old when we found them, what does this relate to the hatchling with the missing eye? I dont know if you are trying to make a conflict (since the last comment on my other thread wasnt helpfull) or if you are here to help me with constructive comments, if you want we could talk in private and resolve anything there.

Last edited:

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
I didnt hatch them, we found them in our garden already hatched, we couldnt find were the tortoise laid the eggs nor the egg shells, because of the umbilical scar I assume they were 2 weeks old when we found them, what does this relate to the hatchling with the missing eye? I dont know if you are trying to make a conflict (since the last comment on my other thread wasnt helpfull) or if you are here to help me with constructive comments, if you want we could talk in private and resolve anything there.
In no means was I Creating a conflict. I appreciate you providing care for them. Something just didn’t add up. Until you reasoned, Thanks.
regarding the other Thread the members and I there Where being helpful. You didn’t wan to take our advice that’s a Different Thing.

Coahuila, Mexico
In no means was I Creating a conflict. I appreciate you providing care for them. Something just didn’t add up. Until you reasoned, Thanks.
regarding the other Thread I was the members there Where being helpful. You weren’t.
I don´t know why you said I wasn´t helpful since I never said I wont separete them, but its okay, Im glad you arent trying to make conflict.
I will actually make the new setup for the little tortoise in about an hour, it isnt as big as the other but I found a terrarium bigger than the plastic box, I will upload the setup in the other thread when its ready.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
I don´t know why you said I wasn´t helpful since I never said I wont separete them, but its okay, Im glad you arent trying to make conflict.
I will actually make the new setup for the little tortoise in about an hour, it isnt as big as the other but I found a terrarium bigger than the plastic box, I will upload the setup in the other thread when its ready.
We are trying you help the little guy out. Thanks for changing your mind.
Good luck!

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland

TortugAncestral, just leave this thread alone. You are mentioning in this thread that you have actually a desert tortoise. Yes a different turtle but we can all read the comments that you have a Gopherus Berlandieri.

No big deal.

It's amazing that a lot of turtle/tortoise owners have more than one species of them so it's all good information.

We all just need to relax and enjoying our turtles and tortoises. ??

:) :<3: :tort:Love to see pictures your new baby Gopherus Berlandieri!