sulcata problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

crocididdle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan!
When ever I soak him he makes a weird noise almost like a croak. he also expands his neck like a bullfrog at any random time not just when I soak him. Every time I soak him twice a day, he poops out a white chunk of poop. He is very active and friendly and I taught him how to give me kisses!! :D he favors his daddy but I'm just worried about these problems. And also when I try to get food off of his face, he pulls his head in really fast and makes a loud exhale kinds of noise at me. Am I hurting him?? Thanks for any answers you may have!!!

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
Just sounds like a over worried new sulcata owner to me. All that is normal, just keep soaking and keep him warm and humid sounds like your doing a good job

crocididdle

5 Year Member
Michigan!
waterboy said:
Just sounds like a over worried new sulcata owner to me. All that is normal, just keep soaking and keep him warm and humid sounds like your doing a good job

His temp is 80F his basking spot is 90-95F and the humidity is anywhere between 40% to 90%. That's all good right?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I agree - all normal behaviour.

The white stuff is urate. See My tortoise pooped out some white stuff from emyemys... an excellent thread.

If a tortoise is startled and pulls his head in fast, he breathes out hard and that's what you are hearing. It is perfectly normal and nothing to worried about - they're easily startled :)

crocididdle

5 Year Member
Michigan!
JoesMum said:
I agree - all normal behaviour.

The white stuff is urate. See My tortoise pooped out some white stuff from emyemys... an excellent thread.

If a tortoise is startled and pulls his head in fast, he breathes out hard and that's what you are hearing. It is perfectly normal and nothing to worried about - they're easily startled :)

So my tortoise is normal?! :)

crocididdle

5 Year Member
Michigan!
Tom said:
All normal. Temps sound great.

Hey Tom I have a couple questions for you! If you wouldn't mind messaging me, it would be appreciated! Thank you everyone else!! Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.