Sunday Fun-Day with Obi

Cute_Obi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
St. Paul, MN
I spent the whole day yesterday watching Obi play in his enclosure. Thought it was time to share more pictures of him with you guys :)
Enjoy!!!
Obi meets Mr. GnomeObiNome.JPG

Attachments

• Obi15.JPG
    Obi15.JPG
    512.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Obi16.JPG
    Obi16.JPG
    401.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Obi14.JPG
    Obi14.JPG
    414.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Obi13.JPG
    Obi13.JPG
    528.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Obi12.JPG
    Obi12.JPG
    443.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:

joanake

5 Year Member
Your enclosure looks amazing. I also have a new baby Herman and am still working on perfecting his enclosure. he is currently housed and a 50 gallon Rubbermaid container. I am going to have a tortoise table made for him. Would you mind posting aids you off your entire enclosure? From the pictures you have posted it really looks amazing. Also what different types of plants do you have in his enclosure. Thank you

I really should have read my post before submitting. Too many Auto correct mistakes. I was trying to say would you mind posting a picture that shows your babies entire enclosure.

Cute_Obi

5 Year Member
St. Paul, MN
Thanks Joanake. I'm not gonna lie, I think I made and remade Obi's enclosure over 20 times before I was content (for now atleast) with it.
I'll post the view of his whole enclosure later. I have an African Violet, a spider plant, an aloe plant and an echeveria plant in there. Also have a garden I planted for him to graze in and planted some bentgrass seed in there to keep the soil/dirt off of him.
I think he loves it too :)

Cute_Obi

5 Year Member
St. Paul, MN
Here is the view of the whole enclosure. new place.JPGnew place2.JPG

This is how it looked like before I planted the grass.before grass.JPG

His garden before he trampled all over it.Garden Before.JPG

The grass seed I used.pentgrass.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

lkwagner

5 Year Member
AWESOME enclosure! One of the best I've seen on the forum! good job, looks like one happy tort :)

Cute_Obi

5 Year Member
St. Paul, MN
Thanks Ikwagner :)
I'm always looking for ways to improve it to make Obi happy.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
OMG I LOOOOOOVE his enclosure! Way to go!!!! You have given me some serious inspiration. I was pretty proud of mine, but now it looks kinda boring. :rolleyes: Do you find he still burrows? I thought about carpeting with grass like you did, but the wheatgrass I had in there had to be trimmed every day, no way I want to hand-trim a whole carpet of grass all the time! :p Plus Littlefoot loves to dig and bury himself so much, I'm not sure how well it would work. :/

Cute_Obi

5 Year Member
St. Paul, MN
Hello Star,
Thanks! I did leave the corner where he used to burrow bare. That corner has the fake plant and a spider plant to provide shade. He no longer burrows there anymore. The only place he likes to burrow now is in his cup when he goes to sleep at night.

Try the grass seeds I used. I find it easy to maintain, no need to trim everyday :)

Tinkerbell

5 Year Member
Love the enclosure. I'd like grass as it looks amazing but how do you clean it out ?

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Cute_Obi said:
Here is the view of the whole enclosure.

This is how it looked like before I planted the grass.

His garden before he trampled all over it.

The grass seed I used.

The first picture looks like a tortoise golf course. Gorgeous! <3

Sfc200376

Wow!! This is amazing! Given me great ideas for my new Hermann enclosure for Charlie.