Sup Folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermansdad

5 Year Member
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. Hermansmom and myself have a house full of animals. We have always been animal lovers, and myself in particular, reptiles. We have 3 Greyhounds, 3 Cats, 4 Bearded Dragons, 1 Green Patternless Burmese Python, 1 Snow Corn Snake, and now - 1 Sulcata named Herman Nimknocker (yes, the kids wanted that name lol). He was named before we realized there was actually a Herman Tortoise ;) All our animals are rescues/adoptions of some kind.

We are both new to Tortoises, but have quite a bit of reptile and water turtle experience. We are both members of the Minnesota Herpetological Society and Hermansmom is a member of two Greyhound rescue organizations. We enjoy using our animals and experiences to educate the public (especially when it comes to reptiles - No, snakes are not slimey! lol)

I wanted to thank everyone who has been so helpful already! What a great community.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Of course, you are very welcome! That's what we're here for. Welcome to the forum.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Jason,
A big welcome to the forum to Herman Nimknocker (I like the name :p), (you) Hermansdad and hermansmom plus Hermans two legged siblings. :)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Hi! Awesome tort name. I love when kids name animals. I bet it'll be funny 50 years from now too. hehe

hermansmom

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome!

The funniest part about Hermans name is that when I was pregnant with my son, my daughter (6yrs old then) wanted to name him Herman Nimknocker and couldn't understand why I wouldn't do it :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Hermansmom & dad it is very nice of you to allow your daughter to have her Hermans NimKnocker even if it wasn't her human baby brothers name. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.