T-Shirt Contest??? Want One??

Would you buy a shirt with someone else's tort?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello Everyone!!!

Who wants a T-shirt contest?

Possible rules---

Submit ONE photo of your tortoise(s) to be voted on.

Winner(s) get their photos put onto t-shirts.

Here is the catch... would you buy a shirt with someone else's tort?

I must buy in 100 shirt quantities to get a fair price for them, so the shirt is a reasonable cost for you to pay.

Another idea... get a collage of torts together? Or get top 5?

Or what else? Shoot me as many ideas as you have!!

thanks!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I think the picture should basically showcase the species--instead of just showing off the individual.

I was thinking a picture somewhat like this, I just whipped this up in my photo shop.
TEAMGREEK.jpg

Something with a clean (preferably black--so it blends with the shirt) background, that shows off the species clearly.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Kinda like this but with just a pile of torts (e.g. Redfoots, Greeks, Sulcatas, Russians, Hermanns, Pancakes, etc)

StuffOnMyCat_Logo.jpg

Please!

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Why don't we simply have an art contest for the shirts? That way it isn't necessarily "someone elses tort"...

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
DoctorCosmonaut said:
Kinda like this but with just a pile of torts (e.g. Redfoots, Greeks, Sulcatas, Russians, Hermanns, Pancakes, etc)

StuffOnMyCat_Logo.jpg

Please!

I love the idea Jordan! :D It would look super nice!

A cartoon would also be nice (per exemple: the logo Yvonne showed us with the cartoon tortoise) :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
What about the line of torts Jordan showed? I liked that idea, though I guess a pile of torts would also be O.K. The line was cool because you could really see the different profile and shell shapes of the different species. :D

I think having the various species one per shirt would be too ponderous to administer, and some folks, like Cory (Galapagos) and me (Chaco) would not be able to get 100 people to commit to buying a shirt with our tortoise on it, even though it looks cool! :cool:

If we did a collage, and we could vote on the top TWELVE tortoise photos to determine the models, that would be fun. I still won't see my Taco on a shirt (she's beautiful to me but she's not going to win any photo contests), but I'd love to wear a TFO shirt with twelve tortoise species represented. I could wear it to school on casual Fridays and use it to teach kids about torts! :p

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
the only reason why I say I wouldn't want some else's tort is because it definitely needs to be a tort photo that represents all of us

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I like having more than one species on one shirt--but does it run the cost up?

I think the picture should either showcase the entire animal, or its shell, leave out the "face" shots that usually serve to show the individual.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
I think an aerial shot of each tort species and then them walking in a circle would look cool too...

Kinda like this (or I guess like this is cool too ^_^):
TurtleCircleWC488.jpg
but with them walking around head to tail (like the wood carving I posted in this or the almost identical thread on this topic).

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Hmm..I have an idea for an image, are we ever going to have a contest? Or should I just post it here?

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Sammi, really nice job, but could you maybe get rid of the grass and post that version? And make the blob more symmetrical for me to try and imagine it on a shirt? ^_^ I just think that the grass would be too expensive to print and it would look better if the torts could just be imposed on the color of the shirt. But that's just my opinion and request for just visualizing the difference... Looks really nice none the less. :)

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
im defently game for a tortoise t-shirt.. i do like the idea meg has created. very cool and simple !

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
DoctorCosmonaut said:
Sammi, really nice job, but could you maybe get rid of the grass and post that version? And make the blob more symmetrical for me to try and imagine it on a shirt? ^_^ I just think that the grass would be too expensive to print and it would look better if the torts could just be imposed on the color of the shirt. But that's just my opinion and request for just visualizing the difference... Looks really nice none the less. :)

Oh yeah. I can add/take anything out of it. It was difficult making the blob symmetrical I will admit, do you think a "blob" or more a block shape would look better? By the way, did I miss any species? =]

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I vote for graphics vs. photographs for T-shirts...that's just my taste...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And, usually the painted on graphics stay on the shirt longer. The iron-on transfers have a bad habit of lifting after a few washes.

Status
Not open for further replies.