Table environment enrichment.

TashyRoo

I have not posted in a few years, i still have two marginated, currently living together, I know but circumstances meant no way round it , but am future proof planning for if they ever fall out.

Current issue I have is their inside table sides were too low so one of them was continually flipping, we have built a new table maximising the space i can give them to a 5 foot table with 18 inch sides.. which is giving me more space to play with, but marginated are not small. i want to make the space more interesting, rather than just substrate. basking rock, bowls and a hide, which they don't seem to be using often now as probably getting a little too small after a summer outside (UK). what suggestions for deco do you have?

ayrgrn

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi,
I think they are naturally white happy walking around doing nothing but it's always nice to keep things interesting. In my enclosure, I have a mix of Coco coir and play sand, which I moisten every few days and 'terraform' this into some hills and slopes so that the floor is more interesting than just one level. You can try creating a mound in the middle of the enclosure so the Tort's eyeline is broken and it's more enticing to more around. You could also use some PVC pipes to creat tunnels under the substrate which I've found is a great way to add more things to do in the enclosure too.

hope this helps